I found this recipe one day in the local newspaper. I tested it and it was a success with everybody.
Summer 2003: I tried the recipe with a lemon rather than an orange and it was just as tasty. Just substitute lemon for the orange ingredients.
|1 cup sugar
1 cup margerine
- Place all ingredients into food processor bowl and mix until light and creamy
|1 TBSP oange juice
1 TBSP grated orange rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Add to wet ingredients in food processor and process until mixed.
- Remove from bowl and mix together by hand to form a large ball.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll into a logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cover with wax paper and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Slice logs into rounds
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on rack